Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Small red spots / rash on end of penis

Question
Spots/rash on penis
Spots/rash on penis  
QUESTION: Hi Dr
Two days ago I noticed small red spots/rash on the end of my penis. The spots are slightly itchy and do not appear to be pussy/open sores. They are only on the end of my penis/under the foreskin and not down the shaft. I have been in a relationship for the last 3 years and they have only just shown up so I don't think they are an STI. Unfortunately I'm working remotely at the moment and will not be able to visit a doctor until I return to the nearest town. Any information as to the cause and cure would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

ANSWER: Mark,

Did this occur after unprotected intercourse or after masturbation by any chance? Get back to me if you can please.

Cheers,

John

QUESTION: Hi john, about a week before I noticed it me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex, usually we use condoms but slipped up on this occasion. It's likely that I would have masterbated between the unprotected sex and the time I noticed it but it didn't come on straight after masterbating. Since first writing it has faded significantly with only a few blemishes remaining.

Thanks

Answer
Yup!

Its an abrasion lesion caused by your unprotected intercourse. Masturbation can do that as well, which is why I would advise you to invest in a water or silicone based lubricant to cut down on abrasions in the future. Of course, I also recommend using a barrier method to reduce chance of pregnancy and any STI as well! The lesion will go away on its own, but in the future a dab of hydrocortisone applied once or twice a day for a couple of days will also let it clear up faster.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice