Sexually Transmitted Diseases/White Lumps

Question
Lumps
Lumps  

Lumps
Lumps  
I am 18 and I have white lumps of some sort on the foreskin which are very obvious at most times but especially when the penis is erect. They do not hurt or itch of any sort, but look very disturbing. I have had this problem for a year, with no sexual contact prior to seeing them. I have no hygiene issues as there is no smell or unusual liquids. I just have some very odd looking lumps. I considered them to look like warts as they're lumpy and white but I do not know how i could have gotten warts and have always assumed they were just fordyce spots. Might be useful to note they're also in sort of clusters, they are only in one area.

Answer
Hi Robert,

The easiest way to explain that to you is your penis is covered in layers of skin, which slough off and leave the newest layer of skin underneath. Also, like the skin on your face, there are pores underneath those layers of skin, which show up as "bumps." This is normal for all men, so this is nothing to be concerned about and is completely normal. It's a condition known as Fordyce's and can occur on your scrotum, shaft, and even on your mouth. Its an inherited trait that a great deal of people have and they can disappear, but they can also come back. It's something that lessons as you age because I notice mine less as I get older and I'm 33. Remember not to pop or mess with them as that can lead to infection and scarring! Let me know if you have follow-up.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice