Sexually Transmitted Diseases/what is this?

Question
bumps
bumps  

bumps
bumps  
These bumps popped up.about six months ago, they dont itch they dont blister. And not spreding, but they make it so i dont want to have sex. I have been in a relationship for four years now and have not been with anyone else and i really dont think she has. I have been putting fungi cream on them and in a few days if dont clear up im going to.see a dr. But just wondering if you have any ideas

Answer
John,

Those are Fordyce's spots, which are a form of sebaceous cyst or acne and not a disease. In fact, they are genetically inherited and a lot of people have them, including myself. They can appear anywhere in the genital area, but most often appear in the scrotum, shaft, and glans. You can even get them around your mouth. They should never be popped as that can lead to infection and scarring and they can come back, which is why you leave them alone. So if you want to get a second opinion from your doctor that's great! But you definitely don't have to be afraid of sex. I still advise you to use a barrier method when having intercourse of course.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice