Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Blister of shaft of my penis

Respected Doctor

I am 42 years old and I have something like blister on the top most side of penis (around urethra)with not much pain. I am suffering from this for the last 3-4 years. It appears for 10 to 15 days, once in a year around April to June. I apply some skin creams etc. and after few days it gets healed and upper skin of affected area gets off. Thankfully last year i was OK but this year again i have the same problem again even in the month of March. I also feel some soft raising around anus also with not much pain. Is there anything very serious?
** I never have had sex other than my life partner.

Please help me to get the permanent solution of this problem.

Thanks and Regards.

That sounds like the textbook definition of a HSV 2 (genital herpes) lesion. Which can indeed be a seasonal occurrence, stay around for a week or more, ooze, pus, itch, and cause pain, then heal over and you don't see it again for awhile. Herpes lives underneath your dermis within the nerve ganglion and hibernates because your immune system suppresses it. You may have a cyclical form of the disease because its tied into allergies or some other time of the year when you get sick the most as well. The best advice is to not have sex during this time unless you're wearing a barrier method to reduce the chance to spread it to your partner. Of course, you can spread it regardless because HSV can be spread without outbreak symptoms. If you want to take medication to reduce your symptoms then you can discuss that with your physician. If you have follow-up let me know.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.