Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Bumps

Question
picture
picture  
QUESTION: Hi,

I have had these bumps on my penis for as long as I can remember, and I wanted to know if they look like anything I should worry about. Thanks for any help.

Adam

ANSWER: Hello Adam,
Unfortunately, the photo doesn't show the bumps very clearly.  You may wish to stretch the skin as tight as you can, and see if these bumps flatten out, or become more prominent. You didn't mention how old you are, whether you are sexually active, whether you have any other skin conditions, and since you've had these bumps for a long time (1 year? 10 years?), were they present before or after your having sex with someone else?  They may reflect normal variations in the skin around the "circumcision" line (where skin rather suddenly becomes darker) and medial "raphe" of the skin on the underside (middle linear ridge running on underside from base to the head/glans where it terminates in the "frenulum".) Each of the preceding terms enclosed in quotes may be looked up on Google.com/images to help clarify.

Good luck!
--mark

Back
Back  
Back2
Back2  
QUESTION: The bumps don't hurt. I am 17 and I am gay. I used to sexually experiment with one of my friends but just one person who doesn't have such bumps. We may have had unprotected sex, once, but it must have been a very long time ago. I have had them for as long as I can remember. When I stretch my skin out, they look better, but i think this is just due to the fact that I am stetting them out. When together they are more of a cluster, but when i spread them out I can see them individually.

ANSWER: Hi Again, Adam,
The bumps do not appear to be related to HPV/warts, molluscum contagiosum, HIV, or secondary syphilis. They appear to be a variation in the skin that may be thought of as a normal variation, nothing to worry about.  There are lots of skin variations that sometimes appear to be blemishes in both skin pigmentation and what appear to be bumps.  An examination by a knowledgeable health care provider with standard STD tests will help to provide you with a more accurate assessment.

Good luck!
--mark

Back
Back  
QUESTION: Here is a more clear picture of the region when I have an erection. I am just curious as to whether it still seems like a normal fluctuation in my skin or if it appears to be related to an STD.

Thanks for all your help .It is much appreciated.

Answer
Hi again, Adam,
The morst recent photo looks very much like warts (condyloma), which is not what I saw earlier.  The only thing I can think of is that you need to have yourself examined by a knowledgeable health care provider. I wish I could help.

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar