Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Bumps

Question
Head of penis
Head of penis  
Hi, I recently noticed these bumps or so on the head of my penis. Was wondering what they can be? I'm very worried they appeared out of nowhere.

Answer
Hi John,

Those are epidermal abrasions caused by unlubricated masturbation or sexual activity, but they can also be caused by skin changes as well. Since your glans is skin like everything else, it sheds layers of old skin and grows new skin in its place, so its normal to see irritation from time to time. They will eventually heal on their own, but I highly recommend investing in a quality water or silicone based lubricant the next time you engage in sexual activity to decrease the number of abrasions and if possible always use a barrier method. Let me know if you have follow-up.

Cheers,

John  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice