Sexually Transmitted Diseases/bumps around opening of the vagina.

Question
bumps and itchy redness
bumps and itchy rednes  
I found bubble like bumps around the opening of my vagina and all over the outside of my vagina itchy redness. Is this an Std or some kind of bacteria/yeast infection? Should I be concerned and go see my Ob/gyn?

Answer
Amanda,

I notice the inflammation and I also see some white discharge in a portion of the picture as well. This is an indication of a yeast infection, or female "jock itch" for lack of a better term. You can treat this with over the counter medication like Monistat or if it progresses pass this point and the OTC medicine doesn't work, then you can consult with your primary care provider or OBGYN specialist for a more powerful prescription antibiotic like Diflucan to knock it out, which has powerful anti-fungal properties and will help sort this out. Let me know if you have follow-up.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice