Sexually Transmitted Diseases/What are these bumps around my vagina?

Right side
Right side  
I randomly noticed these bumps around my vagina several months ago. I had an annual exam and my doctor did not say anything about them. I went back several days later to have her specifically look at them and she referred to them as "fluff" and that it was normal. However since she did not give me a name for these I am still worried it's HPV. I had the gardasil shot when I was younger and have been with 2 people unprotected, both were long term relationships. My current partner shows no sign of these bumps, but I still cannot stop worrying myself about them. I am wondering if I should go to another doctor to get another opinion.

They are called squamous papilloma and occur naturally in nearly all sexually developing women. It is considered normal cell growth, which is why they are not a big deal. You have them tested during a pap smear, which you should do every three years, and your physician will inform you of any problems. They belong there, so if you need follow up let me know.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.