Sexually Transmitted Diseases/enlarged Sac

Question
Hi John,

I had an anal sex with wife sometime last year. it was unprotected, no condom used, though. Couple of weeks later, she told me she had some infection in her vigina and asked if I had any. She did some tests. Result showed she was infected. The infection agents were attributed to mircobs in her anus that i had paased from there to the vigina.

I didnt experience any pain or irritation to show infection.

Well, she got the infection treated.

However, I have noticed that my scrotal sac seems to sag more than before, seems a bit enlarged. By sac I mean the skin covering my balls. When it contracts, it doesnt seem like the normal size.

I dont have any pain pasing urine, I dont experience any pain there, only the feeling of discomfort that feels like i m sitting on my sac, each time i sit on a chair.

What may it be, an infection?

I am 43 yrs.

Thanks.

Answer
Mike,

There's nothing that would cause an infection to just your scrotal sac unless there was swelling, inflammation, redness, pain, and testicular pain. These are symptoms that you are not expressing because that would be a sign of something severe like epididymitis, testicular torsion, or inflammation of any of the tubules like the Vas Deferens. You're describing general discomfort, which all of us get sometime. If this is something that concerns you then consider making an appointment with your primary care physician, but it doesn't sound like an infection at all.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice