Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Genital herpies

picture of irritation
picture of irritation  
I'm a little curious (and worried) about what looks like a rash on the topside of my penis. I'm worried it may be herpes. It doesn't burn or have any pain however it occasionally will itch. It doesn't look like any of the images i have seen of herpes but i can't be sure if thats because i have darker skin. I recently have been using KY heating gel lubricant and occasionally wouldn't wash off after a masturbation session (rather i would wipe with a napkin) and think maybe that might have caused the irritation. I applied aloe vara and it looks as though its healing (i could barely see it in the photograph). I wanted an outside opinion. Do you think its herpes?

The operative words in your paragraph that struck a chord with me were "heating gel!" When I buy a silicone or water based lube, I never buy the specialty stuff because I react so badly to it (far worse than you). I honestly believe that's the case here and you had a thermal burn on your penis, which is now healing because I can barely see anything. You have normal presentation, nothing remarkable to comment on, but I would throw that stuff away and buy just regular KY. As for your personal information herpes lesions hurt like hell and you would know if you had herpes because they resemble open, oozing wounds. Think of a boil after you popped it, but it doesn't heal for weeks. Let me know if you have follow-up.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.