Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Growths at entrance of vagina

Question
Bumps at entrance
Bumps at entrance  

Bumps at entrance
Bumps at entrance  
Hi there,

I'm 24yrs old and have been previously sexually active but haven't been for about 2 years. About a week ago I noticed a few bumps/protrusions at the entrance of my vagina. I have no idea what they are and know sometimes hpv can stay dormant and show up later but they dont really look like the pictures of warts I've seen. I made an appointment with my gyn, but the earliest available is in a couple weeks. My vagina is a bit itchy and I have had some out of the ordinary discharge. I was wondering if there are genital warts? Thanks for your time.

Answer
Hello Brooke,
The protrusions appear to be squamous papillomatosis, a normal variation in the vulva and vagina. They don't look like warts/human papillomavirus, but can't be certain from the images sent. If you apply plain vinegar to the affected area and these bumps turn really white in comparison to the surrounding skin, than that is highly suggestive of HPV/warts.  

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar