Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Could this be herpes?

Question
Sore
Sore  
I noticed after having aggressive intercourse that I got what felt like an yeast infection. There was itching. I applied over the counter medication just to the outside of my labia area. But I had been scratching vigorously and I felt like I had actually given myself an abbrasion. I didnt look and after a few applications of Monistat the itch went away. However, I started feeling like I had a cut on the inner part of my labia minora. I decided to take a look and found what looked like a sore. I'm attaching a photo. There is no more itching or burning. It will hurt when I wipe if I wipe over it. Other than that it doesn't hurt. your advice is appreciated.

Answer
Ramona,

It would make more sense that you had an issue of vaginal dryness and had a vaginal lesion as a result of the intercourse you had. This caused an open wound (that is still healing) and it is possible that it became infected. However, the Monistat cream possibly prevented a really bad infection. I would highly recommend investing in a water or silicone based lubricant to use in conjunction during intercourse in the future to prevent future lesions. This abrasion will eventually heal on its own, because it looks like its getting better, but if it concerns you then please consult with your primary care provider.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice