Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Could this be herpes?

I noticed after having aggressive intercourse that I got what felt like an yeast infection. There was itching. I applied over the counter medication just to the outside of my labia area. But I had been scratching vigorously and I felt like I had actually given myself an abbrasion. I didnt look and after a few applications of Monistat the itch went away. However, I started feeling like I had a cut on the inner part of my labia minora. I decided to take a look and found what looked like a sore. I'm attaching a photo. There is no more itching or burning. It will hurt when I wipe if I wipe over it. Other than that it doesn't hurt. your advice is appreciated.

It would make more sense that you had an issue of vaginal dryness and had a vaginal lesion as a result of the intercourse you had. This caused an open wound (that is still healing) and it is possible that it became infected. However, the Monistat cream possibly prevented a really bad infection. I would highly recommend investing in a water or silicone based lubricant to use in conjunction during intercourse in the future to prevent future lesions. This abrasion will eventually heal on its own, because it looks like its getting better, but if it concerns you then please consult with your primary care provider.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.