Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Pimple or something

Question
Image
Image  
Hey,
So a couple of weeks ago I got an ear infection and was taking 3000 mg of amoxicillin a day for a week and right after I finished my med cycle this abscess appeared next to my anus and it doesn't seem to be getting worse but it has just opened up and started to bleed and have clear pus I was thinking it could possibly be herpes? A

Answer
David,

Its certainly possible that it could be a herpes lesion, because of your decreased immune response to the amoxicillin, which led to a flair up of HSV 2 in your groin area. However, have you EVER had a herpes outbreak before? If so, then yes, this could be herpes and you should go get tested for it (the doctors can do a swab of the area to test for it, but a blood test works too). Does the blister itch, throb badly? Is it taking to long to heal? The best case scenario is that its a boil and nothing more, and it will heal quickly. If this concerns you then get it checked out by your primary care physician. Herpes lesions take weeks to heal, whereas a boil will take days (that's the difference).

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice