Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Please Help

small bumps
small bumps  
Hello Doctor,
I am really worried about the small bumps on the glans of my penis. The first ones appeared about 8 months back on the left side of the glans and slowly got increased In numbers and now they have covered all over. they are painless and dont itch either. last time i had sex was 9 months back with my ex girlfriend. Is it some kind of STD infection?  And What do I have to do about it? Thank you In advance. You people are doing some good work.

Hi Leon,

So what you're experiencing here is actually pretty normal and it will eventually go away on its own, but I can't give you an estimate on when. The process by which the skin of a circumcised male sheds and then rebuilds itself involves going through something called "keratinization." Essentially, the skin dries out and forms tough scales, which will eventually shed from washing or other activity and replaced by new skin. I recommend using water or silicone based lubricants for any and all sexual activity, including masturbation, as it hydrates the skin. "Moisturizers" for your genitalia make no sense at all because it makes things worse believe it or not. There really is nothing else to do but wait it out and this is something that nearly all circumcised guys go through during their lives at different stages, so just bare with it. Let me know if you have follow-up.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.