Sexually Transmitted Diseases/possible detection of pharyngeal gonorrhea

pharyngeal gonorrhea
pharyngeal gonorrhea  
A little more than 2 months ago I performed unprotected oral sex on a man. Now I've had a three day sore throat and mild runny nose. Is it possible to get throat gonorrhea two months after possible exposure? I don't have any penile or genital signs of gonorrhea. The back of my throat has red bumps and subtle white patches. Is this just a sore throat or more? I'm worried

I feel like I've already answered this question, but just in case you're a different person I would tell you that HPV is typically confirmed by a blood test and physical exam. With that said, there's nothing in your mouth that would suggest HPV as all I can see is inflammation. Warts are protruding growths and I don't see that here. If you need a second opinion then ask your primary care provider, but it looks like you're about to get tonsillitis or something similar.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.