Sexually Transmitted Diseases/possible detection of pharyngeal gonorrhea

Question
pharyngeal gonorrhea
pharyngeal gonorrhea  
A little more than 2 months ago I performed unprotected oral sex on a man. Now I've had a three day sore throat and mild runny nose. Is it possible to get throat gonorrhea two months after possible exposure? I don't have any penile or genital signs of gonorrhea. The back of my throat has red bumps and subtle white patches. Is this just a sore throat or more? I'm worried

Answer
Darren,

I feel like I've already answered this question, but just in case you're a different person I would tell you that HPV is typically confirmed by a blood test and physical exam. With that said, there's nothing in your mouth that would suggest HPV as all I can see is inflammation. Warts are protruding growths and I don't see that here. If you need a second opinion then ask your primary care provider, but it looks like you're about to get tonsillitis or something similar.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice