Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Question



I have some sort of bumps on my penis and I wanted to get advice as to what it looks like to you. I have had the bumps for as long as i can remember. Do you have an email i can send you a picture at?




You can submit pictures via the AllExperts service and switch your question to private so that only I have access to the images, but if you want you can also send your query to



---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION: What can I do at home to get rid of these warts? I have had them forever and I don't recall them changing. Will they go away on their own? Should I apply benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid? Can I apply any foot wart remover to the genital region? Also, what does this mean? Am I at risk to develop cancer? What percent of people have these warts? Are they really rare or common? I don't feel comfortable talking to my parents about this because I am gay but not out. Thanks for your help.


Since you didn't include an image with your query, I'll give you what advice I can. About half of all sexually active adults will get HPV at some point in their lives. There are two types of HPV: low and high risk HPV. Most people, of course, will encounter low risk HPV and these are the types of warts that will never develop pass the warts that can eventually be removed by a doctor or even defeated by your own body. High risk HPV is much rarer and accounts for 5% of all cancers worldwide. If you want to test your own "bumps" to see if they are viral or pre-cancerous tissue, then use a Q-Tip and place it in white vinegar. Rub the solution on whatever bump you want to test out; if the bump turns white like a sheet of paper then the bump tests positive for high risk HPV. However, if the tissue stays pink like the rest of your skin, then the tissue is normal and the vinegar could actually kill the tissue for you! If you want second opinions of how to deal with your possible "warts" then please consult with your primary care provider.



Sexually Transmitted Diseases

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John Brice


Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.


3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Awards and Honors
Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

Past/Present Clients
*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.

©2017 All rights reserved.