Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Red and extremely itchy around anus

Question
anal area
anal area  
I've been too embarrassed to bring this up to anyone, so I thought I'd post it here for advice. When I woke up this morning I noticed around my anal area was really itchy and felt a bit inflamed. I'm a girl and not yet sexually active, so I don't think it could be an STD. I was VERY uncomfortable sitting through class today and and it's embarrassing. It's purely itchy/not painful and has been continuous. The only thing I can think of is that I spread something to the area I was allergic to while wiping. The photo doesn't really look as inflamed as it is

Answer
Brooke,

I'm not sure what to tell you, other than it could be an indication of an anal fissure or future hemorrhoid in development from straining during going to the bathroom or something else. If this concerns you, then bring it up with your primary care physician! Let me know if you have follow-up.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice