Sexually Transmitted Diseases/redness on penis

Day 3
Day 3  
Hi, a couple of days ago I looked at my penis and I noticed red spots popping up on the base of my penis head. I thought, nothing of it. Knowing full well that as an uncircumcised male I'd experience complications due to being uncircumcised. I went to bed thinking I'll just be extra diligent about my hygiene the next day. To my dismay the spots had gotten worse! I did some research and think that I either have a yeast infection under my foreskin or I have balanitis. Any help?

So good news, balanitis IS a yeast infection! Smart guy because that's exactly what it looks like to me too and it isn't anything that should scare you the slightest. I've noticed that it tends to be more common in men who are uncircumcised and those who practice unprotected intercourse with a new or unknown partner. It can be easily treated with over the counter antifungal medicine like Lotrimin when used as directed. However, if it gets worse after 1-2 weeks of treatment, then you should consider consulting with your primary care provider for a stronger prescription antibiotic. Of course, you can always get a second opinion with your provider as well! Let me know if you have follow-up and I hope you feel better.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.