Sexually Transmitted Diseases/STD

Question
inner lip
inner lip  

tounge
tounge  
Hello, I've preformed oral sex on a female a while back and ever since I've been getting symptoms inside my mouth. I've been to an std clinic and they told me it was nothing, then I went to my doctor and he told me it was herpes and prescribed me to Valacyclovir. and it really didn't do much. I'm still having symptoms coming and going every other day to every 2 days. I'm almost never symptom free. Is that a characteristic of an std? the common places I get the symptoms are inner lower lip, inner cheeks, and the floor of my mouth behind my teeth. Thanks in advance.

Answer
Hello Bobby,
The slight irritation you have inside your mouth is absolutely NOT herpes, and valacyclovir would not be useful or effective because you these lesions are not consistent with herpes. Sometimes it is easier to say what something ISN'T, rather than what it IS! One can get mild irritation inside the mouth from lots of things, and that is what you seem to have.  It does NOT appear to be related to herpes or HPV/warts.

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar