Sexually Transmitted Diseases/STD or Fordyce Spots?

Hi Sir!
I had unprotected sex a while ago, and I got a bit of scare. About a month and a half or 2 after having unprotected sex I started noticing these weird flesh/white coloured bumps on the shaft of my penis. (As seen in attached images). These bumps do not give me any pains or itch at all, never bothered me in any way except how they look.
I did some research and Im really hoping they're just Fordyce spots as that is what it seems to compare to most. If you could give me any quick diagnosis or thoughts as to what it might be just from the images that would be fantastic as I am quite worried and nervous.
Thanks a bunch!

Hi Jacob,

The easiest way to explain that to you is your penis is covered in layers of skin, which slough off and leave the newest layer of skin underneath. Also, like the skin on your face, there are pores underneath those layers of skin, which show up as "bumps." This is normal for all men, so this is nothing to be concerned about and is completely normal. It's a condition known as Fordyce's and can occur on your scrotum, shaft, and even on your mouth. Its an inherited trait that a great deal of people have and they can disappear, but they can also come back. It's something that lessons as you age because I notice mine less as I get older and I'm 33. Remember not to pop or mess with them as that can lead to infection and scarring! Let me know if you have follow-up.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.