Sexually Transmitted Diseases/STI?

Question
Small bumps and white stuff
Small bumps and white  
I didn't  see my boyfriend for 5 month and I went last weekend to see him and we had sex. It's been about 8 days since I saw him and last night I started to get very itchy and when I looked i saw a few small bumps and white stuff... Is this an STI?

Answer
Sara,

The bumps are squamous papilloma and are completely normal cell growth, but you can have those assessed for dysplasia during a pap smear, which you should do every 3 years. The itching and white discharge, however, are a different story and indicate a yeast infection, which you can  treat with over the counter medication like Monistat or if you prefer getting a second opinion, then you can visit with your primary care provider who can instruct you what products to use. Since you're in the early stages, they may recommend the exact same thing I have, but if it progresses any further then this, it may be necessary to put you on prescription antibiotics.

Best wishes,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice