Sexually Transmitted Diseases/vaginal blister and red bumps

Question
white blister
white blister  

bumps
bumps  
hi! i am a 21 yr old female. i have been sexually active for almost a year with my bf. a few days ago we just had sex for the first time in two weeks and i felt really dry and it hurt to pee after. yesterday before we had sex he noticed a white blister inside my minora labia. it was flat and reddish around. today it is gone but i was looking closer at my vagina and noticed fleshy red white colored bumps near the bottom of my vaginal opening. i am freaking out because two months ago i was diagnosed with oral hsv1 and am freaking out that it somehow transferred to my vagina. is this normal?!?!?!

Answer
Lina,

The blister is an abrasion and will heal on its own, but vaginal dryness can be overcome with a water or silicone based lubricant when used during intercourse, which will prevent future injuries. As for the bumps in your vagina, those are squamous papilloma and are completely normal in sexually developing women. Make sure to have a pap smear every 3 years to check for cervical cancer risk and HPV growths with your OBGYN. If you have follow-up, let me know.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice