Sexually Transmitted Diseases/White lumps on labia minora

Question
White Bumps
White Bumps  
Hi, I have these little white bumps that showed up about a week ago. I have had sex recently that was really dry and was very sore after. I also had started using a new soap around the same time. The sex was unprotected. Also these bumps don't hurt or itch I only noticed them when I was washing up in the shower. Could this be an STD?

Answer
Greetings,

This picture shows squamous papilloma, which is pretty normal in most sexually developing women. Make sure to have them assessed every three years as per your pap smear exam with your OBGYN to check for cervical cancer risk because its considered "cell growth." In the majority of cases, these are completely normal and they are something that you live with. However, the white color and discharge that I also see in the picture are indicative of a yeast infection and you should treat it with either an over the counter drug like Monistat or consult with your physician about how best to proceed. Let me know if you have follow-up.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice