Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Bump

Question
Bump
Bump  
Hello,

I am currently in a monogamous 2 year relationship and I've only ever been with 2 other people and my current partner is the only person I've ever had unprotected sex with. He has never exhibited any strange symptoms or bumps and I have also been tested (urine tests) for stds. I noticed I had some bumps In my vagina and I just wanted to ensure they were normal. Thank you

Answer
Greetings,

That is normal cell growth called squamous papilloma; it occurs is nearly all sexually developing women. You have them assessed every 3 years when you have your pap smear. Your OBGYN will also check for cervical cancer and HPV among other things as well, so if this concerns you then you can make an appointment, but its not something to be concerned about at this time. Let me know if you have follow up.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice