Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Bumps on the head of my penis

Question
Flaccid
Flaccid  

Erect
Erect  
I had recently had sex with a girl and about a week later I noticed tiny bumps on the tip of my penis and I don't know what they are. There isn't any itching or soreness to them and they don't seem to be getting larger or spreading. I noticed that they aren't really noticeable when I'm flaccid but become much more apparent when I have an erection. What do you think it is?

Answer
Greetings,

Since you and I are both circumcised this will be easy to explain, but circumcised men have a condition in which the skin on their glans "keratinizes." This means that the skin naturally hardens as a result of the moisture lost from the skin that the foreskin would normally keep in for us. If you've ever see an uncircumcised penis before, you'll notice a huge difference between the color and texture of their glans as compared to yours. Essentially the bumps are cysts or dry skin and they are quite normal for us. In fact, you'll have this for the rest of your life, so it's interesting that you're just now noticing them. They can slough off with the old skin and reappear sometime later, so that's probably why you haven't been paying attention to them. Your penis appears completely normal, but if you have follow up let me know.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice