Sexually Transmitted Diseases/concerned about oral gonorrhea

A bit more than 2 months ago I have oral to a man whose std status I'm not sure about. That was early January. Now in April, I have had a sore throat and stuffy nose for a week. Going to get a swab test tomorrow. The back of my throat has red bumps on it. Could this be oral gonorrhea? I recently tested negative for all stds through blood and urine tests.

Inflammation in the back of your throat suggests a fungal or bacterial growth consistent with something much less dramatic than gonorrhea! If your blood and urine tests were negative then you don't have the disease. I would be much more worried about strep than gonorrhea, which really sucks! If you want a second opinion than please consult with your primary care provider and let me know your results.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.