Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Herpes?

Question
Vagina
Vagina  

vagina
vagina  
I am 34yr female, from Canada.

Past history - LEEP procedure 2011, was tested positive for HPV but after procedure I tested negative and have had normal paps ever since then. I am scheduled for my next 2 weeks from now.

I noticed small bumps on my inner lip of my vagina the other day and I am concerned that it might be herpes.  My last sexual partner revealed to me recently that he has HSV2, we have had only protected sex and the last time that we had intercourse was about a week ago. We had sex 4-5 times before he revealed to me that he had herpes. The bumps seems to be irritated the most when I am wipe after going to the bathroom. I have not noticed any other symptoms such no smell or discharge.  It irritated the most one the first day I noticed it and seem to improve a little but still there and noticeable.

I was already planning to get tested when I saw my doctor but am wondering if I should go to my local STI clinic right away?

Answer
Hello Terry,
Although the photos are rather blurry, they do not look anything like herpes, herpetic ulcerations, or other abnormalities. I don't think that an STI clinic visit is warranted, especially since your'e visiting your Gyn in a couple of weeks.  They can look at the bumpy texture to determine what they are.  

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar