Sexually Transmitted Diseases/hiv symptoms

Question
QUESTION: hi john,

do you mind if you answer my question?

let say that i might have been infected with hiv? around oct of 2014
is it possible that after 6 months (april 2015) thats when the symtoms shows? i mean it is possible that after 6 months thats when the symptoms shows? like skin rashes?.. and is skin rashes the 1st symptom of it?

thank you very much

ANSWER: Lexy,

Skin RASHES aren't a sign of HIV-skin CANCER is though! If you want to get tested for HIV then please make an appointment with your primary care provider or at your local health clinic. You'll be surprised at how fast the testing procedure goes. It's usually just one vial of blood to test for a whole host of STI's. Let me know if you have follow up.

Cheers,

John

QUESTION: oh ok,thank you very much for the info john. but it is possible if you have contracted hiv. could you possibly get the 1st symptoms after 6 months? and about lymph nodes ,how come i get this feeling that they are feeling sore, like one day in thr groin area then the next day behind the ears area.. could you please answer them? i have set an appointment but its not till next week, i just want to know if i possibly contracted hiv 6 months ago when i had unprotected sex. thank you in advance

Answer
Lexy,

It's theoretically possible to experience acute HIV symptoms after 3-4 weeks from exposure, but many months to years later after infection is more hallmark of the condition. Having sporadic lymph node pain does NOT indicate HIV infection. In fact, it could be the result of poor health and hygiene in general or dealing with some other infection, but visiting with your primary care provider and getting tested certainly wouldn't hurt! Let me know if you have follow up.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice