Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Penis head

QUESTION: Hi please help
I have patches of brown marks/freckles most aren't raise but there is 1 patch in the image that shows a few together are raised slightly
I am 16yrs old and have never had sex but I do masturbate I have had them for about 1 to 2 years they dont cause me pain nor hurt
Please can u reassure me I'm worrying about nothing
And if there is a way to remove them

ANSWER: Greetings,

Are you circumcised? That would explain the state of your skin and they will possibly go away on their own as your skin naturally sloughs and replenishes itself, but it's not atypical for conditions like these to stay around for awhile. They do not appear to be problematic, nor are they an indication of a disease. Get back to me if you can please.

Image 2
Image 2  
Image 1
Image 1  
QUESTION: I believe I'm circumcised ... Can u tell by the pictures
Also there's is a odd patch of a few raised spots as I will show again in the image
Please say I haven't got any disease or anything
Could it be related to herpes because I am use to getting cold sores often

ANSWER: Mudassar,

Since you and I are both circumcised this will be easy to explain, but circumcised men have a condition in which the skin on their glans "keratinizes." This means that the skin naturally hardens as a result of the moisture lost from the skin that the foreskin would normally keep in for us. If you've ever see an uncircumcised penis before, you'll notice a huge difference between the color and texture of their glans as compared to yours. Essentially the bumps are cysts or dry skin and they are quite normal for us. In fact, you'll have this for the rest of your life, so it's interesting that you're just now noticing them. They can slough off with the old skin and reappear sometime later, so that's probably why you haven't been paying attention to them. Your penis appears completely normal, but if you have follow up let me know.

P.S. Cold sores ARE herpes, but that's nothing to be alarmed about because over 50% of the adult US population has it.

QUESTION: Thank you so far
However I'm not sure if you understand what I'm trying because there's a patch of bumps or spots that appears bigger than the other brown spots on my penis hopefully in the new image I attached to this you will be able to tell
also can you rule out herpes?
But again I hope you can reassure me it's nothing

I've offered you my explanation, but if you don't believe me then you can get a second opinion from your primary care provider. It is not herpes-be sure of that. And just a word of caution, the discoloration spots could be something that you live with for the rest of your life. This is why I visit a dermatologist every year to look at the spots on my body (including my genitalia) as well. Best of luck.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.