Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Red marks on penile tip

About 5 days ago I noticed some red marks appear on my penis (see photo attached), the marks are flat, do not itch and are not sensitive to touch. Furthermore the marks have not changed in appearance.

I have been experiencing itching around the pubic area although to date there has been no spots/rashes appear - I believe my glands were swollen for a period of time yesterday although now seem to be back to normal.

I had unprotected sex about 5 weeks ago which leads me to think that this could be some form of STD...  Although I would like a professional opinion.

Any advice you could give would be much appreciated.

Your description of your symptoms leads me to two different conclusions about the spots: either they are keratinized tissue, which is completely normal and its just healing on its own, so nothing to worry about; or they could be an indication of a chancre, which is usually a sign of syphilis. However, before you freak out, stage 1 syphilis is completely treatable and can be knocked out with antibiotics and the only reason I'm suggesting this is because you mentioned the time frame of 5 weeks and with the appearance of the marks-I am making an educated guess. So what do you do? Well, you could just go to your primary care provider and do a urine test for STI's and get it over with. Typically the doctor tests for chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis at the same time, so you get to know about the status of all three. If you test negative then you know these are nothing to worry about and they will go away on their own, but if you test positive then you will get treated and they will go away with treatment. Let me know if you have follow up.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.