Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Red rash/bump/inflammation on penis

This morning I woke up with a slightly itchy rash/bump/inflammation type of area on one section of my penis. I am sexually active but only with one partner, for the last 2 years. I had something similar show up 2 months ago. I visited the doctor and they told me to keep any eye on it over the next week and thought it could folliculitis. It was more of a distinct red bump last time. Please see attached images and let me know if you can offer any advice. I am worried it could be herpes, dermatitis, shingles, warts, etc.

It looks more like an boil or infected follicle to me, which would make your doctor right. If it was herpes, you would have pus and a crusty sore, which lasts several weeks, then you never see it again for awhile. Remember, you can get tested for herpes (HSV) at your physician's office as well if this concerns you, but I think this is just a skin problem instead of an STI. Let me know if you have follow up.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.