Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Red rash/bump/inflammation on penis

Question
pic1
pic1  
This morning I woke up with a slightly itchy rash/bump/inflammation type of area on one section of my penis. I am sexually active but only with one partner, for the last 2 years. I had something similar show up 2 months ago. I visited the doctor and they told me to keep any eye on it over the next week and thought it could folliculitis. It was more of a distinct red bump last time. Please see attached images and let me know if you can offer any advice. I am worried it could be herpes, dermatitis, shingles, warts, etc.

Answer
Aaron,

It looks more like an boil or infected follicle to me, which would make your doctor right. If it was herpes, you would have pus and a crusty sore, which lasts several weeks, then you never see it again for awhile. Remember, you can get tested for herpes (HSV) at your physician's office as well if this concerns you, but I think this is just a skin problem instead of an STI. Let me know if you have follow up.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice