Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Small nodules on penis

Question
Bumps1
Bumps1  

Bumps2
Bumps2  
I have tiny nodules around the foreskin area of my penis, where I was circumcised. I noticed one of some of them about four months ago, maybe even longer, when I had an erection. As it did not seem to be going away, I began to inspect it closer. It was generally not noticeable unless the skin was stretched, and then only barely. At first I thought it was a pimple of some sort, but it is somewhat hard, and won't burst. As I became more interested in looking at my penis, I discovered additional bumps that are around the circumcision scar. They do not hurt, and I can't say they really itch, unless I bother with them (trying to burst them, etc.). I was concerned they were genital warts (HPV), but they are not cauliflower like. And then I was concerned they were Herpes, but they are not blisters that have opened into cankerous sores and I have not, to my knowledge, had any other HSV 2 symptoms. I should mention that I am gay. And, additionally, I don't "top" -- ever. In addition to these bumps, I have noticed other tiny bumps on the head of my penis. I'm rather terrified that I have an STD. Do these look like STD symptoms? A strange variation of genital warts or even herpes?

Answer
Hello Sarb,
No reason to be "terrified" as the bumps you see are absolutely normal variations.  Some guys have them, some, don't.  They appear to be enlarged sebaceous cysts, are are absolutely NOT related to herpes, HPV, or any other STD.  However, if you never "top" that implies that you therefore "bottom" meaning, that you are recipient of anal sex.  You need and deserve STD testing to rule out gonorrhea, chlamydia, warts/HPV, etc. of the anus, which is NOT shown in your photos. Next time you take a trip to Washington, DC, Boston, New York, Chicago, Milwaukee, Los Angeles, Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, or similar cities, schedule an appointment at their local gay clinics to have yourself checked out down there!  

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar