Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Herpes?

Red spots
Red spots  

Red spots
Red spots  
Hello doctor,

I'm 1 24 yo guy who just recently had sex. About a week ago. It was with a girl i met in the bar. She said she doesn't have any STD. We used protection. But after sex, when i looked, there was some slimy liquid at the root of my penis. It was on the skin and i wiped it off with a paper towel and then i removed my condom. didn't see any breakage on the condom. But after two to three days, I'm having red spots all over the penis head and under the foreskin. They aren't painful but they are very tingly. On the second day there were around 30 of them in a line from the tip of penis to top. then after two more days I'm having numerous spots all over.

I tried applying yoghurt thinking it might be yeast infection and it was recommened online. but no results.

Now i'm getting itching around the penis, say the bottom of my balls.

Do you think it is herpes?. Please help

First of all, I wouldn't use yogurt on any part of your body except maybe your face as an acne treatment. They could just be abrasion lesions from unlubricated sexual activity, but if they do itch, then are you allergic to latex condoms? If you don't know, try buying polyisoprene or polyurethane condoms instead and see if you notice a difference in the texture of your skin post-intercourse. Abrasions heal on their own within a couple of days, but you can use a few dabs of hydrocortisone on the spots to help them heal faster. Your spots are not indicative of herpes, which would be open wounds. If you have follow-up let me know.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.