Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Possible skin tags?

Question
Not spreading
Not spreading  

Spreading
Spreading  
Hi, I am an 18-year-old girl who is recently been experiencing some issues. It seems that every time we have sex I experience excruciating pain and my boyfriend has described it as the first few inches of my vagina feeling like sandpaper. I am positive that insufficient lubrication is not the issue. I began to check around and I noticed what felt like bumps at the opening of my vagina. This freaked me out so much that I began looking at various STDs that could be the problem. After scaring myself with countless amount of pictures of HPV, genital warts, syphilis, etc., I have decided to take a couple pictures. Thank God this looks nothing like any of these STDs. I read a little bit more and they closely resemble skin tabs on the inside of my vagina. There seems to be about five or six and upon spreading my vagina as much as I can, it almost resembles a skeleton inside. I have attached to images, one of me not spreading the canal and one of me spreading to show the inside. Any help that you can offer is much needed. The anxiety and stress I am getting from not knowing what this is is almost as bad as the pain itself. I'll also add that when I touch or feel the bumps, there's no pain! It feels like normal tissue just like the regular tissue around my vagina. Thank you very much, I am seeing a gyne at the end of the month but I really need to take the edge off my worry.

Answer
Donna,

They are called squamous papilloma and are common in sexually developing women. It is a normal skin variation and is permanent. It will be checked by your OBGYN with a pap smear when you turn 21, but not before then because you are not considered to be "at risk" for any major condition like cervical cancer or HPV at this time. However, if you need a second opinion, then please make an appointment with your provider for clarification.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice