Sexually Transmitted Diseases/red rash on penis

Question
Rash
Rash  
Hello. I'm wondering if I can get some help here.
I've always had one reddish rash on my penis head even before I lost my virginity, with no pain, looks like it's irritated skin. Not too red as in picture (picture was taken recently) but noticeable.
4 weeks ago I received oral sex without a condom and 5 days later my reddish mark on my penis got really red (like in the picture). After one day it got back to normal.
Two weeks later I lost my virginity with the same girl but this time I only performed intercourse (and I used a condom the two times we did it) and now 6 days later again the same thing. The skin got really red. I doesn't burn or irritate me but it is really red.
If I rub it with my hand it doesn't hurt but I can feel the skin is irritated
I'm not circumcised.. could this be a case of bad hygiene? As I said I had it before but not super red like in the picture.
I'm going to visit my GP as soon as possible but I wanted to get some advice on this as I'm getting a very nervous.

Thank you for you time,
Much appreciated.

Answer
Hello X,
The condition you describe is NOT associated with any STDs/STIs, but seems to be more consistent with men who are UNCIRCUMCISED. The area that is red may be due to rubbed off unkeritinized epithelial cells revealing the underlying dilated superficial capillaries (blood vessels).  These are otherwise covered and protected with layers of easily dislodged protective unkeratinized skin cells. Using better lubricant, such as something that is silicone based (not oil based, not water based).  

I am presuming that you have no other similar rashes elsewhere on your body.  If you do, than a visit to a dermatologist may be in order.

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar