Sexually Transmitted Diseases/white spot under penis gland

Question
white spot
white spot  
Hello.

I began experiencing pain when urinating since mid february so I went for a urine test and urethral secretion test and they were both ok, only leukocytes showed up in my urine. This led the urologist doctor to believe it's a small urinal infection so he prescribed something for the pain. In the next couple of weeks things got a little better until recently I started experiencing more pain so I want to an urologist again. I got tested again (urine, uroculture, spermoculture, urethral secretion) all negative, except leukocytes. I also did an ultrasound. My bladder had swolen up (walls of 0.9 cms), but my prostate seemed fine. However, my urologist says it's a prostatitis and prescribed levofloxacine(tavanic) for 3 weeks with diclofenac for the pain. However, I started to notice a small white spot just under the penis gland. Could this be a sign of the infection?

Answer
Andrei,

That actually looks like a skin discoloration marker, which has nothing to do with infection typically. Either than drug is affecting your melanin somehow, OR you've had that for longer than you realized and didn't pay attention to it until now. Discolorations occur as a result of pigment decreasing in the skin cells, but that doesn't indicate a problem by itself. I get inspected by a dermatologist every year because I have dark pigment stains on my penis, so perhaps your body is doing the same to you. If this concerns you then see a skin specialist, but it's not a big deal if it is what I think it is. Those stay with you for the rest of your life; you just have to watch them to make sure they don't grow or change on you.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice