Sexually Transmitted Diseases/white itchy bumps

Question
White bumps
White bumps  

white bumps closer
white bumps closer  
Hi Dr.

I am a 23 year old female. My vagina has been really irritable recently for the past 4 days, it goes through periods where it is very itchy and stinging. I noticed white bumps inside my vagina and sometimes extending to around the opening of my vagina. I'm worried it's herpes. Are these genital warts, or a normal vaginal occurrence? Is this another symptom of a bad yeast infection? I believe this happened before about 2 months ago. I am sexually active although I do wear condoms most of the time.

Thank you for your help!

Answer
Hello Marina,
I cannot tell from the photos submitted.  You may try to apply plain vinegar (full strength)  to the area.  It may burn but this may occur if you do have a yeast infection. If the bumps just turn whiter with the vinegar, without burning, than they may represent HPV/warts. If nothing happens other than removing some of the vaginal discharge, than everything will just look the same shade of pink.

The itching and stinging you now experience are usually because of an infection from yeast.  This is NOT due to herpes.

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar