Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Pimple like or blisters in anus

Question
Small bumps in the anus
Small bumps in the anu  
QUESTION: Hi! About a week ago, I felt bumps on my anus. I just finished my menstrual period at that time so I thought it could have been allergy to my period pads. I've had 3 different sexual partners in the past 12 months. But fOr the past 6 months, there was only one. Whe used condom when we do it. But recently around a month ago, he tried putting it on me for few seconds then withdrew it right away.  Is this anal herpes? Anal warts? I am freaking out. I also need to mention that I develop a lump  eveytime i strain during  bowel movements  or when I stand and walk too much during the day. It goes away with rest or after few hours.

I have uploaded a picture of my anus and the bumps that I am concerned with. Thank you.

ANSWER: Hello Anonymous lady,
The bump that comes and goes with straining is probably a hemorrhoid that is mildly irritating.  Stop straining, and use a stool lubricant such as docusate or senakot or stool softener such as psyllium seed (Metamucil) should help.

The smaller bumps you have noticed are NOT related to HPV/warts or herpes.  These are retained oil and sweat glands with plugs of epithelial cells that may sometimes occur around the anus, and are considered normal variations in the texture of the skin there. The recent episode of attempted anal intercourse may have been with or without a lubricant, and this too may have contributed to these bumps.  Usually, moist heat to the affected area will cause these bumps to dissipate.

Good luck!
--mark

Anal abscess
Anal abscess  
QUESTION: Follow up on my situation and updated recent pictures. Is that anal abscess? And the boils seem to have been growing. And looks very concerning.

ANSWER: Hello Again, Anonymous Lady,
It appears that you may have three different problems, and the more recent photograph demonstrates anal warts, which were not obvious or apparent when you wrote the first time.   The bump that sometimes protrudes although not visible, is a hemorrhoid, that extrudes from the anus occasionally during straining, and then goes back inside. It is NOT herpes. The third item is a large plugged oil gland looking like a white tipped pimple.  Moist heat and gentle massage should help this resolve after the sebum is released. You should seek care from a knowledgeable health care provider (family medicine, gyn, or dermatologist).

Good luck!
--mark

QUESTION: When i touch the bumps, they are movable. Like i can just twist and remove them. Is there any possibility that these are skin tags? I failed to mention that i have mild hemorrhoids when I strain or stand And walk too long but goes away with rest for few minutes.

Im planning to visit a walk in clinic this coming weekend. Will they be able to diagnose such?

Answer
Hi Again, Anon Lady,
Whether they can diagnose your problem depends on their comfort and level of expertise.  Mention it, and they should be able to help you. It is easier to diagnose something after examining the area, and they should be able to do so!

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar