Sexually Transmitted Diseases/bumps on scrotum

Question
image 1
image 1  

image 2
image 2  
I'm 25 from Fall River. How's it going Mark? I work in a very hot building in the summer. A lot of guys use powder on the scrotum so they don't get rashes where i did not. The bumps didn't come up until summer and started very small. When they first started it was very itchy and would only itch randomly maybe once per a day and that was it. I had bought cortisone cream for very sensitive areas and had used it in the area. When i started to use it the itchiness went away and the bumps had gown down but didn't go away 100%. I was on and off with the medicine. Now today the bumps are still there and sometimes will be a little white pimple which i can pop but it doesn't come out like puss it almost comes out as hard white stuff only very little. As shown in the pictures you can tell where i had popped two of them from the little red spots. The other day there was two areas that were pretty maybe inflamed? But i had used the cream only once yesterday and as you can see in the pictures the spots don't look big today. What do you think this is? It is located on the right side of my scrotum near the inner thigh.I also can take more pictures if need be. Thank you.

Answer
Hello Chris,
The bumps look like some enlarged sebaceous (oil) glands on the skin. Normally, these glands slowly release oily material to the skin but sometimes they get plugged up; the oil congeals and gets thick & white.  Avoid irritation, apply moist heat, don't pick at them as they can become infected (and an infection down there isn't pleasant), and avoid shaving with a straight edge razor, as this can further irritate the skin. They are NOT evidence of STDs.

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar