Sexually Transmitted Diseases/HPV, skin tags, or??

Question
What is this
What is this  
Hello,

I have had these on the shaft of my penis for a short while now and have been embarrassed to go have them checked. I wanted another opinion before I bite the bullet. More of them have seemed to appear, although they might have been there for a little while and have grown.

Thanks in advance.

Answer
Brandon,

It's possible that they are skin tags caused by HPV, but they also might be completely harmless. In which case you could do the vinegar test to find out. Take a Qtip and soak it in vinegar then apply the solution to your skin tags; if the tissue turns WHITE, then that's a positive sign for HPV. However, if it stays pinkish skin color then it's normal tissue. In either case you can have them removed by a dermatologist Or your primary care provider. HPV is one of the most commonly transmitted forms of STI's among sexually active adults; nearly 50% of people will be exposed to HPV at some point in their lifetime. Take care.

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice