Sexually Transmitted Diseases/penis skin

Question
Bumps on penis zoomed out
Bumps on penis zoomed  

Penis zoomed in
Penis zoomed in  
Hi Dr. Behar, my name is mike and I am about 20 years old. Recently I have noticed some bumps on the head and on the shaft of my penis. I wouldn't be so concerned with these small bumps if it were not for the rough patches of skin that are sensitive to the touch just below the head of my penis. I discovered this problem when I went to madturbate and could not stroke my penis without a lot of discomfort

Answer
Hello Mike,
Every once in awhile, a rash may develop that increases the sensitivity of your skin to touch.  This may include  the skin of your penis or elsewhere, and may affect your ability to have sex, during masturbation, or at other times. Give yourself a rest for a few days, and it should improve.  A topical steroid cream may help it get better as well. It does not appear to be related to an STD, although you didn't mention when you last had sex with someone else, or whether you are using any medications for any reason or have any skin conditions.

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar