Sexually Transmitted Diseases/I found a lump on my anus what could this be

Question
Lump
Lump  
I found a lump the size of a pea on my anus, Upon further inspection this was hardish and soft at the same time, and was the colour of my skin, I have had unprotected sex before in the past but not in the last 4 months, The lump then appeared to have a white patch on it and then i noticed some puss around the lump its self, Is there any idea what this could be

Answer
Hello Adam,
The lump looks like a thrombosed hemorrhoid, and the whitish area (not visible in the photo) could be several things: stuck-on paper, yeast (or other fungal infection), oil material (sebum) mixed with epithelial cells, etc.  Not likely:  Any type of STD-- no herpes or HPV/warts visible or from your description.  Make sure you have regular STD tests, including gonorrhea/chlamydia of the anus, HIV and syphilis testing!

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar