Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Infection in Foreskin

foreskin infection
foreskin infection  
QUESTION: Hi, I have infection in foreskin. It doesn't pain.I dont have any idea what it is. there is no any discharge from penis. Please help me too find out the kind of infection.

ANSWER: Hello Naveen,
You haven't given me enough information to help me figure out what you have.  The foreskin looks irritated and with some flat bumps, but NOT blisters, and it doesn't look so swollen that the foreskin can't be pulled back. .  Please correct me if I am mistaken, as the photo may not reproduce the same on our respective computers.  If not numb, tingly, or itchy, it probably is NOT related to HSV (herpes).  Last time having sex with anyone? Type of sex (vaginal, oral, anal, hand), use of latex condoms? Or lubrication? Any other symptoms?

Good luck!

white patch and Lip Infection
white patch and Lip In  
QUESTION: I think, i got this after i have received unprotected oral sex from an escort on October 27,2015.I had sex with a condom.On November 6, 2015 I developed something as shown in figure,near by lips.I have got a white patch in my hips( I don't know when did i got this).But, I just noticed it on November.I am having bloating  and weird sounds coming from my stomach.I am worried about this  as this could be because of any medical condition I have developed by unprotected Oral. I don't do drugs or smoke. I drink once or twice in a month.

I didn't do oral or unprotected sex after that. After this infection i bring myself to a STI clinic on December 24,2015 and got negative results for Gonorrhea (Urine Sample taken),chlamydia(Urine Sample taken) and HIV(Blood Sample taken).They have given me a cream called "micatin" . I tried it twice a day for 15 days .Unfortunately there is no improvements.

Even, I tried Clotrimazole cream too. There is also no improvements.

There is no pain in bumps.But, I feel myself as the smegma smell increased.Please guide me to solve this out.

ANSWER: Hello Again, Naveen,
The white patch on your torso appears to be a bit of depigmentation of skin that is frequently caused by a skin fungus.  Unfortunately, the antifungal cream you have used for the foreskin (micatin (miconazole) and clotrimazole) are not very effective for that. It's a nuisance condition, that is not dangerous, and eventually goes away, but sometimes ketoconazole shampoo works.

Your lip looks very much like an acute herpes infection, also known as "fever blisters" or "cold sores".  That can also be the cause of the rash on your foreskin.  Although it may take a week or so to fully heal, I think it would be prudent for your doctor to consider giving you acyclovir (inexpensive prescription through a Wal-Mart pharmacy) or valacyclovir (inexpensive if you have insurance) but both of them require a doctor's prescription.

Until everything is well healed, abstain from sex with anyone.  

Good luck!

QUESTION: Sorry doctor. That was not my lips . I had those kind of infection on lips.But was healed in two weeks. I just had rash in penis forehead. Is there any other medication I can use for penile forehead rash?

Hello Again, Naveen,
Sorry for the misunderstanding. Your previous lip infection may have been as I speculated in the previous post.   In order to treat you effectively, you must have the skin rash properly diagnosed.  That will require a visit to a knowledgeable health care provider. The photo does not give me enough information to know for sure: it does not look like a typical bacterial or viral infection, but it could be a benign or chronic skin condition that might respond to certain creams that you have not yet tried.

Wish I could be more helpful!
Good luck!

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar

Almost any question or concern about gay men's health issues, sexually transmitted infections, abnormal Pap smears, anal cytology (anal "Pap smears"), etc. There is no such thing as “d/d free” or “clean” (free of infection), so why do so many of us deceive ourselves into thinking that some people are indeed totally free from a potentially infectious disease, like HIV, herpes, hepatitis, syphilis, chlamydia, warts, gonorrhea, etc., just because they say so? Clinical laboratory tests are not perfect, and having a “negative” or “nonreactive” test does not mean that a person is free from infection. Perhaps at the moment the test was taken, the person was uninfected; or, perhaps, the test wasn’t sensitive enough to detect presence of the infection. There is really no way that anyone can determine that they are truly “disease free,” and there are over a hundred of infectious conditions that can be spread without your knowing anything. Rather than trying to “pre-screen” or “serosort” a potential sex-mate with deceptive questions that are impossible to know by today’s technologies, a wiser option may be to consider everyone infected with something, and either use appropriate protective measures (“safer sex”), or accept the responsibility and consequences of possibly “catching” something from someone who’s hotter than expected (pun intended!). There is much research that supports the contention that an HIV positive person reliably taking HIV medications, and having an undetectable viral load, presents a lower risk for transmission of HIV than people who may think or say they are HIV negative, but are not. Food for thought!

Family Practice PA since 1981; Volunteer Clinician for Brady East STD (BESTD) Clinic, Milwaukee, since 1977; answered STD questions submitted to their web site. Professionally lectured at national and regional Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner conferences, and at national gay & lesbian health conferences on topics including HIV/AIDS, herpes, hepatitis, STDs, human papilloma virus (the cause of venereal warts), abnormal Pap smears, gay and lesbian health issues, among others.

Co-Founder, Lesbian, Bisexual, & Gay Physician Assistant Caucus of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, Inc.; American Academy of Physician Assistants; Wisconsin Academy of Physician Assistants; National Co-Chair (2012-16), National Association of Black and White Men Together: A Gay, Multiracial Organization for All People (NABWMT)

Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants (JAPA) Q Visions, Quarterly Newsletter of the NABWMT

Bachelor's of Arts, 1972 (University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI) Graduate Credits Experimental Psychology, 1972-75 (Tulane University, New Orleans, LA) Physician Assistant, Bachelor's of Science, 1981 (George Washington University, Washington, DC); Masters in Physician Assistant Studies, 2000 (University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE)

Colposcopy Recognition Award (CRA), the American Association of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology; Distinguished Fellow, Clinical Preceptor, American Academy of Physician Assistants; Fellow, Wisconsin Academy of Physician Assistants

Brady East STD Clinic, Milwaukee, WI Milwaukee Health Services, Inc. (Martin Luther King Heritage Health Center), Dept. of Family Medicine and Early Intervention Program for HIV Infected Persons