Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Spot on vagina

Question
Vagina
Vagina  

Vagina 2
Vagina 2  
I have what appears to look like a bump very close to my vaginal opening it does not hurt and there doesn't seem to be pus coming out of it. The reason I was looking was because I have been quote itchy sown there recently. I am sexually active. Here is a picture. Do you know what it could be? I've never looked down there this close before so Im not sure what's normal. There's also some red irritated looking skin on the sides of my labia. I'm,not sure if that's from scratching or not.

Answer
Shana,

Itchiness on its own is not necessarily an STI symptoms. In fact, some STI's have no symptoms at all, so as for your bump it could be related to skin irritation. The itchiness could be just a fungal or bacterial infection and you could treat that with OTC medications like Vagisil or something with clotrimazole as the active ingredient. As always, if you need follow up I can help, but a visit to your primary care provider or OBGYN specialist will also work.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice