Sexually Transmitted Diseases/STD

QUESTION: Okay, so 3 weeks ago i had unprotected sex with someone outside of my marriage - STUPID!!!  I have known her for years, she is also married, kids etc.  Said she had no STD's and had been checked during pregnancy etc.  2 days after i started getting a tingling in penis and urge to urinate but my bladder was never really full.  I could just go a little bit.  I of course started freaking out searching the internet and started reading about std.  I noticed doxycyline curesthe most common ones.  I happen to have a prescription for this so took a 100 capsule twice per day for 2 weeks to make sure.  3 weeks later, my penis is still sore and tingling.  No urge to urinate however and i have never had any discharge ? It was kind of rough sex so wondering if i have done nerve damage or if it is an std.  After 2 weeks i assumed the doxycycline would have killed anything off.  I have also been masterbating a lot so I have not given my penis a lot of rest.  I have no other bumps, lesions etc. after these 3 + weeks.

So the simple answer to this question is how much do you masturbate because it's very likely this wasn't ever an STI at all. Do you use lubricant when you have sex or with yourself? It's very likely you could have given yourself an abrasion burn and it's just taking a long time to heal. Are you circumcised? If so, then these problems will 'appear' more often than not since uncircumcised men retain moisture better down there. If you have follow up let me know or you can visit a dermatologist for a more in depth exam.

QUESTION: Thanks John,

I don't use lubricant, but confirmed with girl again today no sti to her knowledge.  She did admit to having oral with one other person through her marriage however but no intercourse.    I truly believe however I have some kind of infection.  In Addition to tingling in penis I know have dull sensation in scrotum which just showed. Weird thing is in morning I feel better but gets worse as day goes on.  It is hurting a little to urinate.  Would an sti show up after less than 48 hours or could this be an infection in urethra ?  Internet research points to sti :(
Thanks for answering.  You don't know how much I appreciate it

I don't think you're suffering from an STI, but it is possible that you contracted a fungal or bacteria UTI, which could be causing some of the pain. So you could treat it with over the counter drugs and LOTS of cranberry juice (because I have those problems as well). Or you could get tested for an UTI with your PCP and they could give you antibiotics, but it would have to be a bad strain. And DON'T believe everything the internet tells you because I guarantee you the average Joe doesn't have a master's degree and CHES certification. You wanted a professional's opinion and this is what I'm offering.

Best wishes,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.