Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Weird bumps on groin area and penis head

Bumps on groin 1
Bumps on groin 1  

Bumps on penis
Bumps on penis  
Hello Mark!

I am from Ontario, Canada and I am a 23 year old male.

I had scabies before, but that was back in 2012. Was treated and been clean of them since, but they left a couple of brown marks.(not bumps).
I am concerned about these bumps showing up on my groin and penis head, the bumps on the groin were there for about 3-4 months now, they do nothing(they dont hurt or itch), it is just very concerning, since its not pleasant looking. I am sexually active, but use protection with individuals who I do not know. The ones I dont, are tested regularly and are clean. I tried the vinegar test, but the colour didnt seem to change for me. I have posted pictures of the bumps and they are taken after having them soaked with vinegar.

The bumps on the penis head has just appeared about a week ago, after having sexual contact with an individual who I had been with before several times. Again, doesnt itch or hurt

If you need any more information, let me know!

Thank you very much for your time and knowledge!

Hello George,
The bumps look somewhat post-inflammatory bumps from shaving too closely to the skin. Use an electric buzz clipper with a hair guard to help protect the skin from further injury. Since the bumps are NOT getting larger, and are not itchy or otherwise bothersome, I would not be concerned. They do NOT look like HPV/warts.

Please don't use the term "clean" referring to being free of STDs. [See this humorous youtube animation of two robots talking about a negotiation regarding sex:].

Good luck!

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar

Almost any question or concern about gay men's health issues, sexually transmitted infections, abnormal Pap smears, anal cytology (anal "Pap smears"), etc. There is no such thing as “d/d free” or “clean” (free of infection), so why do so many of us deceive ourselves into thinking that some people are indeed totally free from a potentially infectious disease, like HIV, herpes, hepatitis, syphilis, chlamydia, warts, gonorrhea, etc., just because they say so? Clinical laboratory tests are not perfect, and having a “negative” or “nonreactive” test does not mean that a person is free from infection. Perhaps at the moment the test was taken, the person was uninfected; or, perhaps, the test wasn’t sensitive enough to detect presence of the infection. There is really no way that anyone can determine that they are truly “disease free,” and there are over a hundred of infectious conditions that can be spread without your knowing anything. Rather than trying to “pre-screen” or “serosort” a potential sex-mate with deceptive questions that are impossible to know by today’s technologies, a wiser option may be to consider everyone infected with something, and either use appropriate protective measures (“safer sex”), or accept the responsibility and consequences of possibly “catching” something from someone who’s hotter than expected (pun intended!). There is much research that supports the contention that an HIV positive person reliably taking HIV medications, and having an undetectable viral load, presents a lower risk for transmission of HIV than people who may think or say they are HIV negative, but are not. Food for thought!

Family Practice PA since 1981; Volunteer Clinician for Brady East STD (BESTD) Clinic, Milwaukee, since 1977; answered STD questions submitted to their web site. Professionally lectured at national and regional Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner conferences, and at national gay & lesbian health conferences on topics including HIV/AIDS, herpes, hepatitis, STDs, human papilloma virus (the cause of venereal warts), abnormal Pap smears, gay and lesbian health issues, among others.

Co-Founder, Lesbian, Bisexual, & Gay Physician Assistant Caucus of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, Inc.; American Academy of Physician Assistants; Wisconsin Academy of Physician Assistants; National Co-Chair (2012-16), National Association of Black and White Men Together: A Gay, Multiracial Organization for All People (NABWMT)

Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants (JAPA) Q Visions, Quarterly Newsletter of the NABWMT

Bachelor's of Arts, 1972 (University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI) Graduate Credits Experimental Psychology, 1972-75 (Tulane University, New Orleans, LA) Physician Assistant, Bachelor's of Science, 1981 (George Washington University, Washington, DC); Masters in Physician Assistant Studies, 2000 (University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE)

Colposcopy Recognition Award (CRA), the American Association of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology; Distinguished Fellow, Clinical Preceptor, American Academy of Physician Assistants; Fellow, Wisconsin Academy of Physician Assistants

Brady East STD Clinic, Milwaukee, WI Milwaukee Health Services, Inc. (Martin Luther King Heritage Health Center), Dept. of Family Medicine and Early Intervention Program for HIV Infected Persons