Sexually Transmitted Diseases/concerned about the health of my penis

Question
image
image  

image 2
image 2  
age:21
sexual history, ive only been with one person, that ive been with for years now, and she too only has been with one, which is me. which also leads me to believe that there is low chances of this being sti or std but there has been a couple of marks on my uncircumcised penis that i deem questionable that i either have not notice or are new.(maybe im just being paranoid) i have taken antibiotics azithromycin (doctor prescribed) within the last two weeks because i was under a very heavy cold, i was feeling irritation which accrued before i even got sick but im no loger feeling it. my penis has irritated looking red marks specially after intercourse or masturbation but doesnt feel irritated,  and it also seems kind of dry to me, can it be a slight yeast infection occurring? can it be a reaction to condoms? i havent been the healthiest lately as far as my diet? im not to sure if this is the best place for this question but im desperate. i would just like to know if theres something of great concern before having to spend money at a doctors, my insurance isnt very good. is it normal?

Answer
Hello Kenny,
Your dry skin is very typical of insufficient lubrication with an uncircumcised penis during sex or masturbation. You do not show any evidence of an STD. Azithromycin is NEVER appropriate for a "cold" of any kind, since a "cold" is caused by upper respiratory viruses, not bacteria that can even be treated by this antibiotic. The rash you have is NOT caused by an STD, but may come about through use of antibiotics, fungal infections of the penis (usually by yeast), possibly by use of condoms without adequate lubrication. Best lube is silicone based, which is friendly to latex condoms. When showering or bathing, use only plain water on the penis, and avoid soap, which is alkaline. Give yourself several weeks and it should get back to normal.

Good luck!
--mark

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar