Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Fissure

Question
During tx
During tx  
Betore
Betore  
QUESTION: Mark,
It wouldn't let me respond to the last reply- it is an anus, and it was a fissure. I put preparation H on it and that helped immensely, but it started to look weird. Attached pictures of before and during treatment. Links are to general pictures- red rash burns? The area burns and itches. Sometimes I'm constipated. Sometimes I have diarrhea. Today I had diarrhea and that's when I noticed the red rash because the diarrhea burned.

http://i64.tinypic.com/2jcx5b4.jpg
Dark red area to the right of the picture.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2vjegav.jpg

And again.

Thanks
Leslie

ANSWER: Hi Again, Leslie,
Thanks for the updated photos. That is what it looked like-- a healing anal fissure.  The various areas of red are just different areas of healing with some inflammation. Besides the constipation and intermittent diarrhea, you didn't mention if you ever engaged in anal intercourse, which may also make the fissure worse-- as can the constipation and diarrhea, which may be irritating. Prevent the bowel irregularities-- eating high fiber meals, stay well hydrated, etc., avoid further irritation, and it should heal up in a few weeks.  Sometimes, sitting in a tub of comfortably hot tub of water can help with the healing.  

Good luck!
--mark

Red area
Red area  

Red area
Red area  
QUESTION: Hi mark-

I have engaged in anal intercourse, but it was in the last six months.

This is what it looks like today. Do the red areas look like anything, or are they simply areas inflamed hair follicles or glands?

They are the red places to the right and the left of the purple-reddish bumps.

Answer
Hi Again, Leslie,
Healing tissue will look weird while healing. A fissure can sometimes take a long time to heal, especially if you have some constipation which complicates the healing process. It is inflammation associated with the healing process. Remember what that your poop contains lots of germs that may interfere with and delay the healing process, especially if you have to strain, and if your stool is too hard and dry (which results in constipation).  

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar