Sexually Transmitted Diseases/May be herpes type 2?

Question
Image #1
Image #1  
Image #2
Image #2  
QUESTION: Hi, Mark Behar.

Sorry to bother.
Sorry for the images.

There is something anormal on it.

Im facing an issue right now and dont know exactly what it is because its type. Maybe it aint herpes, maybe something else. It does not itch, I do not scratch, no pus, but apparently seems to be a problem. Is that herpes? Balanitis? Balanoposthitis? I dont know. Can you help me?

ANSWER: Hello John,
Yes, the tip of your foreskin looks somewhat irritated. I don't see any blisters, but if it is in a stage of healing, and there were blisters now somewhat healed, than it could be related to herpes. When was your last oral, anal, vaginal contact with someone else? If within the last 3 weeks, than yes it could be herpes. It could be syphilis.  

Balanitis or balanoposthitis are conditions of the foreskin usually caused by a skin fungus, trauma (such as a bite, or some other viral (herpes) or parasitic (scabies) condition.

Some noninfectious skin conditions such as eczema,  may look somewhat like what you have shown, but more history is needed!

Good luck!
--mark

QUESTION: Hi, Mark

Thanks in advance for you answer.

It is taking more than 4 weeks, around 6 weeks, I guess. Im not taking care yet because I think it is a noninfectious one. There were no blisters, no pus, nothing similar, just this condition of am irritated skin as in the picture.

My last contact was January, 23rd, I used condom in vaginal sex, no anal, and oral sex was without condom as usually.

Actually, I used Aciclovir (Zovirax)'s ointment on the local, but it didnt make any progress.

I couldnt imagine anything that can add to the history of it.

Do you have something in mind?

Thank you!

ANSWER: Hi Again, John,
If you've had this rash for 4-6 weeks, than indeed, we can be certain that it is NOT due to herpes or other STDs. Therefore, no reason to use acyclovir (Zovirax) cream or ointment. You may need to be seen by a dermatologist to examine the skin.  Have you had any other similar long lasting rashes elsewhere on your body? Either now or several years ago?  A blood test will help rule out syphilis, which is important. Several chronic skin conditions may also be responsible.

Good luck!
--mark

New rash rising
New rash rising  
QUESTION: Hi, Mark

Sorry to bother you again.

Sometimes, I've had some rashes in my skin, arms, legs, my feet, something similar to urticarias, like if mosquitos bite/sting me up. Im with this issues around 2  months, more or less, Im using desloratidine to control this up, but I didnt get better.

I ran a blood test few weeks ago, didnt run up for syphilis, and I was getting this kind of problem.

Im sending you a new image, as we can see, it seems the rash is getting multiplied, it is rising another irritation on.

Do you know if I have to use any kind of cream or just go to see a doctor?

Thanks very much!

Answer
Hello Again, John,
Your questions are no bother at all!  The desloratidine is an antihistamine designed to suppress itching.  The rash on your penis is probably being caused by something that causes the rashes elsewhere.  You may have psoriasis, numular eczema, or possibly a systemic condition that manifests itself with skin rashes.  It definitely should be evaluated by a dermatologist or other skilled health care provider.  It is NOT an STD.

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar