Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Infection on shaft

Question
Tip of penis
Tip of penis  
Hi I am a sexually active 20 year old male with a female partner and the other day I noticed what to me looked like a friction burn near the tip. I've been applying antibacterial lotion and cleaning it daily, but it looks like it is getting worse. The burn marks turned white and are always wet. Please help.

Answer
Hello Christian,
You have what we could call a genital ulcer, and it is probably due to a sexually transmitted infection. It could be due to just a traumatic injury that is secondarily infected, but this is NOT likely.   It could be due to herpes, syhilis, or chancroid.  It involves the underside (ventrum) of the distal shaft and frenulum.  The tip is on the head of the penis, at the urethral opening. A culture with a swab for chancroid and herpes, and a blood test for syphilis are required to determine exactly what you have in order to have the right therapy to cure the infection.  

I don't think the antibacterial lotion will help. My recommendation is to get evaluated, diagnosed, and properly treated as soon as possible!

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar